Deeds and Plans

References shown on this page in the form ‘x/y‘ where x = book number and y = page number. These ‘book/pg’ number pairs correspond to the book and page numbers of the online documents available at the Berkshire Middle Registry of Deeds.

(‘x/y&c‘ means there are multiple pages.)

ConCom Land Acquisitions

1968  Gift by Donald B. Miller to “Inhabitants of the Town of Richmond”. 852/413&c
  1. Town shall be Trustee
  2. The Conservation Commission… shall manage and control the property
  3. The Trust property shall be used for the purposes authorized by Chapter 40 Section 8C, and other Massachusetts statutes relating to conservation, including the protection and development of the natural resources and the protection of the watershed resources of the Town of Richmond.
  4. ‘Parcel 1’ is 50 1/2 acres; Current tax parcel: 249/402.0-0004-0000.0; 45 acres
  5. ‘Parcel 2′ is about 6 acres (and an 115’ wide easement was granted (864/244) to the Tennessee Gas Pipeline Co. Amended by (1355/1132); Current Tax Parcel: 249/405.0-0029-0400.0; 6.4 acres
  6. ‘Parcel 1’ is subject to an agreement with Berkshire Natural Resources Council allowing for the construction and maintenance of a foot trail through the property that leads to Perry’s Peak
1968 Gift by Katharine H. Annin to “Inhabitants of the Town of Richmond” 852/411&c
  1. Same terms as the Miller gift: Town as Trustee, ConCom shall manage and control, used for Ch40 Sect8C purposes, etc.
  2. Subject to easement granted to Northeast Gas Transmission Company in 1950 (571/22&c)
  3. Current Tax Parcel: 249/408.0-0046-0000.0; 49 acres
1970 Gift by Hero International Corporation to “Inhabitants of the Town of Richmond” 899/47
  1. Conservation Commission shall manage and control; for purposes of Ch40 Sect8c… “including the protection and development of the natural resources and the protection of the watershed resources of the Town of Richmond, and for a wildlife and bird sanctuary.”
  2. Current Tax Parcel: 249/409.0-0029-0000.0; 6.3 acres
1977 and 1981 Gift by John Balboni to Town 999/257 (45%); 1052/438 (55%)
  1. 13.5 acres, given in trust to, “Town of Richmond… through its Conservation Commission” in two stages — first was a 55% interest, and the second the remaining 45% interest.
  2. Conservation Commission shall manage and control; for purposes of Ch40 Sect8c… “including the protection and development of the natural resources and the protection of the watershed resources of the Town of Richmond, and for a wildlife and bird sanctuary.”
  3. Includes 20 foot_wide access easement: 
  4. Subject to easement given to Tennessee Gas Pipeline Company in 1968 (858/325 and with several amendments)
  5. Subject to 3 additional restrictions: 1. No building, road, sign, structure, etc.; 2. no filling, dumping, etc.; and 3. no excavation, removal of materials.
  6. Current Tax Parcel: 249/411.0-0073-0000.0; 13.5 acres
2019 Purchase. Berkshire Farm Center and Services for Youth to BNRC — Richmond Land Trust (RLT) and ConCom hold conservation restriction (642/208).
  1. “The highlight of the past year was the acquisition of a 342-acre parcel of forested land and rolling hills at the town’s northwest corner. RLT joined with the Berkshire Natural Resources
    Council (BNRC) and the Town of Richmond to buy the property from the Berkshire Farm for Youth. Each organization contributed $125,000 to underwrite the purchase, which closed at the end
    of June. The Conservation Fund, which has grown over the years with contributions voted at Town Meeting annually since the late 1960s, provided the funds for the Town’s share. BNRC will own
    and manage the property, which has been incorporated into the Hollow Fields Reserve, doubling its size. RLT and the Town through its Conservation Commission co-hold the Conservation
    Restriction, which ensures protection of the property in perpetuity as open space held for conservation purposes.” — 2019 Annual Richmond Land Trust (RLT) Report
  2. Current Tax Parcel: 249/401.0-0002-0000.0; 342.43 acres

Richmond Pond Deeds and Plans

Richmond Shores Subdivision Plans
  1. The Henry C. Neff drawings (0D190/3) from 1947/48 are mostly the lots west of the main inlet; and the 19516 plans (search BMR under Registered Land Plans court case# = 19516) are mostly lots east of the inlet.
Scroll to Top