May is Wetlands Month and MACC is sponsoring their annual Wetlands Photo Contest to celebrate.
During Wetlands Month, we take time to recognize the vital importance of wetlands to our Nation’s ecological, economic, and social health. Massachusetts has incredible wetlands in all regions of the state, from the Atlantic coast to the Connecticut River to the Berkshires to your own backyard!
Here are some specifics about MACC’s contest:
First Place winner will receive a $300 cash prize!
Second Place winner will receive a $200 cash prize!
Third Place winner will receive a $100 cash prize!
• Submit up to three (3) photos per person by May 31, 2021. The photos must be in digital JPG or HEIC format and each photo must be no greater than 4 MB in size. Winners will be notified by email in June 2021 and winners’ names will be announced on MACC’s website.
• Submit photos via email to firstname.lastname@example.org Please Include the following information with each photo: First and last name, email address, location of the photograph, and what it depicts (perhaps the place has a name). Contact MACC’s office at (617) 489-3930 with questions.
• All photos must represent a Massachusetts location. Photographs can be pictures of rivers, streams, creeks, lakes, ponds, vernal pools, banks, beaches, dunes, flats, wet meadows, marshes swamps, bogs, estuaries, ocean, or land subject flooding, tides, storms or under water. In other words, most of the Resource Areas we protect!
• The photos can be with or without animals, birds, insects, flowers, plants, or people. (If people are included in the photo, please be sure to obtain the necessary releases from the individuals depicted and be able to provide copies of those releases to MACC upon request). They should be current photos, taken in 2020 or 2021. Only photos taken by a current MACC member should be submitted.
• MACC granted permission to use your photos in the future. Photographs remain the property of the photographer, but by entering photographs into this contest, contestants grant reprint permission to MACC and allow use of the photographs in any and all MACC publications, websites, social media, presentations, and for educational purposes. MACC will endeavor to credit published photographs with the photographer’s name.
• Only non-commercial work may be submitted. Each entry must be submitted on an individual basis (no teams or corporate entries) and all entries must be the original creation of the submitting photographer.
• Photos that have been digitally altered beyond normal cropping, reasonable adjustments to exposure, color and contrast, will be disqualified. Photos that contain sexually explicit, obscene, violent or other inappropriate content are ineligible.
• MACC employees, interns, members of the MACC Board of Directors, and their families are prohibited from participating in this contest.
May is a great time to grab your binoculars, your camera, your friends and kids, and head to the great outdoors. You can kayak the salt marshes, rivers, ponds and lakes, or hike a trail in the Berkshires, a state park, or your local conservation land. It’s also a great time to organize all those photos you took during Covid-19 when you went outside to find rest and relaxation in nature.
Massachusetts Association of Conservation Commissions
10 Juniper Road, Belmont, MA 02478